De verklaring


"I do solemnly declare, to my team, my colleagues, the UCI, the cycling movement and the public that I am not involved in the Puerto affair nor in any other doping case and that I will not commit any infringement to the UCI anti-doping rules. As proof of my commitment, I accept, if it should happen that I violate the rules and am granted a standard sanction of a two-year suspension or more, in the Puerto affair or in any other anti-doping proceedings, to pay the UCI, in addition to the standard sanctions, an amount equal to my annual salary for 2007 as a contribution to the fight against doping.

At the same time, I declare to the Spanish Law, that my DNA is at its disposal, so that it can be compared with the blood samples seized in the Puerto affair. I appeal to the Spanish Law to organise this test as soon as possible or allow the UCI to organise it. Finally, I accept the UCI’s wish to make my statement public."


De renner die hiermee niet akkoord gaat en deze verklaring niet ondertekent mag niet meer meedoen.

Reacties

Freek zei…
De laatste zin is niet juist. De renner mag niet meer meedoen aan de ProTour, maar wel aan de Tour, Giro en Vuelta. Die maken immers geen deel uit van de ProTour.
Frans zei…
"De Tour de France-organisatie weert renners die de vorige week door de UCI opgestelde anti-dopingverklaring nog niet hebben getekend.

Tour-directeur Christian Prudhomme zegt desnoods naar het arbitragehof voor de sport (CAS) te stappen om weigerachtige renners uit de koers te houden.
De internationale wielerbond UCI vroeg de renners vorige week te verklaren dat ze tegen doping zijn en dat ze de sport schoon beoefenen. Wie desondanks betrapt wordt,krijgt twee jaar schorsing en een boete ter hoogte van een jaarsalaris. De ProTour-ploegen stemden unaniem in met dat initiatief. Renners die weigeren te tekenen,mogen nergens meer koersen."

Populaire posts van deze blog

5th Dimension Television

kersen keren

De mate van rampzaligheid